I started outlining the petals on the chrysanthemum from the Mary Jane Collection. I photographed it in the sun so y’all can see the shine.
And here’s a photo taken in the shade, so no sparkles:
The gold hanging loose is my mistake – I pulled really hard when plunging the end through the fabric, and yanked one of them right out of the couching and most of the way through to the other side! I tugged it gently back, but I have to re-couch it. Oops. Anyway, here is a closeup of my progress:
So pretty! Especially for my first try at goldwork! I love this kit! I’m going to finish up with a couple photos of the back, which definitely has some issues Good thing it doesn’t show! Perhaps by the time I finish this kit I will figure out how to do it better.