This bellpull is just gorgeous. It’s really coming along. Here’s a closeup of the area I was discussing in the last post on the bellpull (I’ve added some leaves in fly stitch, and finished one of the cluster flowers):
I finished the pomegranate top with cretan stitch. You can compare it with the fly stitch leaves below.
In the leaf on the left below I was aiming for a leaf stitch from my stitch guide, but didn’t read the directions carefully enough to match the diagram. I like the effect though, so I’ll be duplicating whatever this is on the right leaf.
I decided to fill in the center of this blue flower with Castelo Branco laid work stitching. I’m still planning to do a Castelo Branco project with the lovely silks and designs Méri sent me, so I thought I’d get a little bit of practice in.
This post has been brought to you with considerable enthusiastic help from my embroidery partner: