There’s another blue flower on the bellpull, and I decided to replace the long-and-short filling with Castelo Branco stitch on this flower too.
Then I replaced long-and-short stitch filling for this leaf with split stitch. I like the texture. It took a while to fill the leaf, though.
I started work on a new section at the top of the bellpull. I like the long and short stitch at the bottom right. It’s not that I’m trying to avoid long-and-short stitch! It’s beautiful for shading. But I wanted to try out some other filling stitches.
I have developed a new appreciation for chain stitch during this project. I love this leaf.