Y’all, today marks one whole year since I started my blog! It’s so exciting!
- 152 posts (wow! I wrote a book!)
- 109,640 page views (does not include email subscribers or RSS readers)
- 170 email subscribers
- 8 WordPress followers
The three most viewed posts this year were
- Silk ribbon embroidery tutorials, which features Elisi’s silk ribbon embroidery blog (from Turkey!)
- Indian embroidery: Kutch work, which features Bhavani’s kutch work tutorials (from India!)
- Turkish-esque embroidery, which features free embroidery design books from ISMEK (traditional Turkish embroidery!). See also the post Book review: Turkish embroidery.
I would also especially like to thank
- Dr. Shirazi for allowing me to photograph and feature her incredible embroidery collection.
- my mother, for some fantastic guest posts, encouragement, inspiration, and just generally being Awesome
- my grandma, who found me some really neat embroidery to photograph and write about
- my grandpa, for carving the ducks in my blog masthead
- my American penpal (from Virginia), Anna of Talliaferro Designs,
- my Australian penpal, Megan of Elmsley Rose
- Meri, from Portugal, for the beautiful art silks, Portuguese embroidery magazines, and information on Castelo Branco embroidery
- Monique, from New Mexico, USA for the information and photos of colcha embroidery, and the gift of a lovely box of silks
- Mary Corbet and Sharon B for sending me lots and lots of readers when I was just getting started
- Rachel from the UK, who writes at VirtuoSew Adventures, for commenting regularly and frequently since December 16, and in fact more than anyone else.
- all the folks kind enough to let me feature their work on my blog
- and all my wonderful, wonderful readers for their advice and encouragement.
Bravo for your first year. I subscribe by email and read your column whenever you post. Have really enjoyed the collection loaned by Dr. Shirazi, as well as your posts on the use of color and all of your adventures with your projects this year. Keep writing!
Glad you are enjoying it!
Thank you. Keep up the good work!
Happy anniversary !.152 posts-wow!
Thanks for sharing and keep writing.you are doing a wonderful job.
Thanks so much.
Keep up the great work! 🙂 🙂
🙂 thanks for stopping by!
Sung to the tune of you know….Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Biirrrthday dear Haaannnaaahhh-Happy Birthday to You!
🙂 thanks mom!
Congratulations and keep up the great work you do. Blessings.
thank you! I’m still going strong!
Happy FIRST YEAR! You have shown some very amazing needleworks, advised us to check out equally amazing sites. Thank you for sharing with us.
Wow! That’s so impressive. I’ve been blogging for about 7 months and have only had 718 page views. Congratulations, your blog is lovely