Y’all, today marks one whole year since I started my blog! It’s so exciting!
- 152 posts (wow! I wrote a book!)
- 109,640 page views (does not include email subscribers or RSS readers)
- 170 email subscribers
- 8 WordPress followers
The three most viewed posts this year were
- Silk ribbon embroidery tutorials, which features Elisi’s silk ribbon embroidery blog (from Turkey!)
- Indian embroidery: Kutch work, which features Bhavani’s kutch work tutorials (from India!)
- Turkish-esque embroidery, which features free embroidery design books from ISMEK (traditional Turkish embroidery!). See also the post Book review: Turkish embroidery.
I would also especially like to thank
- Dr. Shirazi for allowing me to photograph and feature her incredible embroidery collection.
- my mother, for some fantastic guest posts, encouragement, inspiration, and just generally being Awesome
- my grandma, who found me some really neat embroidery to photograph and write about
- my grandpa, for carving the ducks in my blog masthead
- my American penpal (from Virginia), Anna of Talliaferro Designs,
- my Australian penpal, Megan of Elmsley Rose
- Meri, from Portugal, for the beautiful art silks, Portuguese embroidery magazines, and information on Castelo Branco embroidery
- Monique, from New Mexico, USA for the information and photos of colcha embroidery, and the gift of a lovely box of silks
- Mary Corbet and Sharon B for sending me lots and lots of readers when I was just getting started
- Rachel from the UK, who writes at VirtuoSew Adventures, for commenting regularly and frequently since December 16, and in fact more than anyone else.
- all the folks kind enough to let me feature their work on my blog
- and all my wonderful, wonderful readers for their advice and encouragement.