New Project: Water’s Edge

Y’all, I started another one! I am taking this one to my office for short breaks and bribing myself to keep working on my dissertation. The kit photo is to the left. This is Water’s Edge, an Anchor Freestyle kit. I got it on sale – there’s still a few more on sale at the website (Keepsake NeedleArts).

Anyway, I have a small dilemma. The leaf at the right of the dragonfly is supposed to be stem stitch, but I misread the directions and started it in long and short stitch. I’m working the main stem in stem stitch, but do I finish that leaf in long and short or take it out and redo it? Hmmmmm!

Here is a closer picture of the main stem.

For comparison, here is a closer picture of the leaf and dragonfly.

And one last photo for texture comparison photos, and because I like my dragonfly.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in My work, Surface embroidery and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to New Project: Water’s Edge

  1. Keep doing what you are doing. Speaking as a designer of kits, I’m always delighted when people use my designs as a springboard and tweak – or even change radically – the way the design is worked!

  2. Elmsley Rose says:

    I agree with Rachel (whom I greatly respect). I think that the L&S stiched leaf looks great! Just do the other long leaf in the same way, so they sit together nicely (but that’s an obvious statement to make)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s