I’ve been working away on the kit. Here are my progress photos.
When I was at the store selecting floss I initially tried to find a match for each wool color individually. But that was a slow process which rapidly became very irritating, so I ended up getting three main ranges of colors for the flowers: a set of purple-pinks, a set of orange-pinks, and a set of pink-pinks. Thus the color scheme is not a complete match to the original, even though I’m more or less following the kit picture.
A few random thoughts:
If I had wanted to radically alter the color scheme I’d have made a few copies of the design and used colored pencils to plan out the overall effect more carefully.
I’m glad I decided on two strands of floss. This is supposed to be my easy motivational project, after all. One strand is very delicate but it does take more time. The very thought makes me tired.
Floss is very pretty – these flowers really shine in the light.
Finally, I would like to officially blame Mary Corbet for all the split-stitch outlines under the petals. It’s extra work but the edges look so much better that I always do it ever since I read about it on her blog. My goodness this project requires a lot of split stitch outlining.