I finished another hardanger card! This one is the “June” card – it was originally part of a yearlong series (you can find it here at Nordic Needle). There are a few changes from the original instructions. I miscounted on placing two of the eyelets, so rather than undo them I miscounted the rest to match. I’ve changed up the fillings of the kloster blocks too. Have a closer look!
I also gave this a border. These cards are small enough that I don’t die of exasperation before finishing, which makes them good to practice on. I attempted the rolled hem (see the tutorial from Kimberly at Baroque Embellishments) plus some drawn thread work at the top and bottom. Super fancy! Hemstitching is fun!
I will say, though, that I had a terrible time turning corners, despite the extra tutorial specifically on how to work corners. I was improving by the fourth corner, but they are still something of an improvised mess. Also, I am not sure if it’s the fabric (32 count linen) or me, but the edges kept trying to fray something awful. There were several points where it nearly frayed to the point where I’d have had to redo the hem closer in.
For those interested, here’s a work-in-progress photo before cutting the fabric plus a photo of the back.