There it is! The whole front section of the dragon is done! Well, except for the pupils of the eyes. I’d better get on that before I forget entirely. I took another closeup of the head because the whiskers are fabulous.
As you can see, I’ve been working on couching outlines for the scales and the wind. I’ll be stitching over the outlines, but the underlayer will give the stitching more definition and some dimension around the edges. I also will be stitching some foam over the silver waves at the bottom. So the next step: cover everything I just finished working on 😛
Multiple layers of stitching is one of the characteristics of Japanese embroidery. Sometimes they even stitch patterns on top of patterns. It does slow the entire project down, though.